FOR THE BEST START IN LIFE!
Mana Kidz is a successful nurse led, school health programme addressing important health issues for eligible tamariki. There is no other programme in Aotearoa like Mana Kidz and it has achieved many positive outcomes.
Reaching children in primary and intermediate schools in South Auckland, Mana Kidz provides care to more than 34,000 children, across 88 schools.
Celebrating Mana Kidz Achievements
- 97% of tamariki consented into Mana Kidz by whānau
- 19,018 child health interventions in 2018 – a 315% increase from last year
- 13,240 tamariki were treated for the bacterial throat infection Group A Streptococcus
- 27,627 skin condition assessments and follow-ups
- Reducing Childhood Illness with free sore throat assessment, treatment and follow up
- Hearing checks
- New entrant immunisations
- Significant reduction (more than 60%) in the number of children developing acute rheumatic fever
- 400% increase in the number of vision (eyesight) assessments completed weekly
Source: NHC Annual Report 2018